Friday, March 19, 2010

Message in a Bottle

This weekend I am going to Cape Town to swim with sharks and buy stuff.

I, also, decided Cape Town would be the perfect place to throw my message in a bottle into the ocean. I will be on a boat at one point ( to swim with the great whites), which will take the me and the bottle a little bit further out into the sea, and hopefully keep it from just washing right back up on the shore of Cape Town.

This is what the message is going to say:

Hi There! Today is March 19, 2010.

First of all, Thanks for opening my bottle and reading the message instead of just recycling it or collecting the five cents!

Second of all, You have just become a member of the TBV Message in the Bottle Project 2010! Congratulations!!! How do you feel?

My name is Tara Bailey Vasi and I am from Burlington, VT, USA. I am traveling through South Africa on a working holiday program at the Inkwenkwizi Private Game Reserve in Chintsa. I am 26.
I have always wanted to write a message and send it into the ocean in a bottle to see who found it and where the ocean wanted it to go. Just recently I hoped that maybe my bottle could have more then one destination, hence, the TBV Message in a Bottle Project 2010!!

Here is how it works:

Please add your name, age, and email address to the list on the following page. Also, please write the date the bottle was found, the location in which it was found, and the date and location of where it will be thrown back to the sea. Include as much or as little additional information about yourself as you wish.

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! Please email the last person on the list to let them know their message was received!!!

Thank you!! Let's see how long we can keep this bottle alive!!!

Sorry there is not poem or love letter.


---

1. Creator: Tara B Vasi, Age 26, teetin@aol.com, also find me on FB,
todays date, March 19,2010, Date thrown into Indian Ocean off
of Cape town, March 20, 2010.
This is going to be Legend. wait for it. ARY!

----
Now I just need bottle (haha funny guys, its not going to be Jager), and a captain that doesnt consider tossing a bottle in his ocean littering.

I have no idea how the TBV Message in the Bottle Project 2010 is going to work out.
All i know is that i am going to check my email everyday in hopes that it does.

1 comment: