Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Disclaimer

Hi.
Ok. Lets get a few things straight here.

1. You may be wondering, Tara, oh hey, youre in Africa, wicked cool. Oh and hey Tara, why does it seem like you always have a new blog or a Facebook posting? What kind of LOSER pays a shit ton of money to go to africa to hang out on the computer? Well... first of all... shut your face, no body asked you.

We do get free time, you know... of course, when the guides are not taking advantage of our man power and the fact that we really have to do everything they say. (they have tried to get me to do some pretty dodgy, oh shit no, i did not just.. oh those damn brits... lets just say... the guides love to mess with you, especially when you are a chick and your a newbi)

This is my day.
I wake to the sounds of monkeys fuckin around outside my cabin around 730am. Eat breakfast. Half corn flakes. Half strawberry puffs. FYI.
Morning session is from 8:30-12.
Then we break from 12-2 to eat lunch, blog, and talk shit about the guides. They are very talkshitable.
At 2, we have our second session until 5.
In between 5-6 a jeep honks the horn at the top of the hill. That means our dinner is here and we drop everything we are doing to go get it. Sun sets at 630.
After dinner and before bed you can really do whatever you want... you can hang in the tv room, but theres no tv. or you could play pool, but there arent any pool cues or balls. so basically doing whatever you want includes hanging out with the other volunteers in the kitchen, by yourself in the cabin (the spite reading is moving along smoothly), or, my personal favorite, go to the pub down the street and drink S. African beer (Windy Corner- is un FREAKIN believable).

Haha some of the volunteers were not in the best shape this morning. haha

2. So, ya know how on a normal computer word check will underline every mispelling in red. Well since this is an international computer EVERY word is underlined in red.
So i would like to apologize to Ms. Wyman, and other teachers out there that i may have offended with mispellings and improper grammar etc. The swears though, thats all me, and theres no disclaimer big enough for that. (However, Grammie, I love you, and I swear I do not SWEAR this much).

Other then my grandmother, if you dont like swearing, or vulgarity, this might not be the blog for you.

3 comments:

  1. Talkshitable and Windy corners..I htink I have some new words to teach my students..thanx Tara!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Miranda...I will now add "talkshitable" to the vocab quiz the students will be taking on "Othello"...I mean, speaking of Igao and "talkingshitable..." whooo (insert exasperated hand gesture across forehead)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your attitude, and your disclaimers look awful familiar, even the shout outs to family members.... Hope you are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete