Sunday, March 7, 2010

And I PAID for this!

There have been a few times in this last week, when i have said to myself, "And I PAID for this?"

One time was when i was in knee deep sludge, removing reeds that was clogging the filter for our shower water.

Another time, was when Rodger the guide was abusing/hitting on me.

I can never eat another grilled cheese sandwich.

The most recent time was last night.

After eating a delicious bowl of potatoes and tobasco, I cursed Jagermeister! and said Goodnight to Kim (my cabin mate) as she left to go to the BBQ up at the hill to celebrate Bianca's Birthday (works at the reserve). Man, I love hanging out at camp by myself at night. And I felt like i was going to yuke bomb.

I took a few necessary breaths to slow down my heart rate (didnt work), popped a few advil pm (didnt work) and plugged into my Sleepy time Playlist (Battery low). FML. FMALT. (F My african Life Tick)

Somewhere in between when the lightning crashed and the new mother cried, the scurrying began. I opened my eyes and was face to face with the worlds scariest mouse. He was HUGE. And I bet diseased.

He was standing on the corner of my bedside table, doing the mouse " i am going to clap my hands while my whiskers flail and my nose scrunches" dance.

On my feet now, feeling like I am going to die at 26 via mouse attack, I stand on my tiptoes in the middle of the cabin (more like alternating tip toes like i am running in place) with a bottle of Doom insect repellent in my right hand and my left hand clenched tight. (i think i thought if the mouse came flying at me, because clearly it would go straight for my mouth, I would punch it in the face and drown it in insect repellent)

The mouse could scurry around the logs that we call the ceiling and pause for a nose scrunch break and a stare down before proceeding to the next corner. Half hour must have passed and i was still standing in the middle of the room on my tip toes hugging my Doom. And I PAID for this?

I now also have a pile of shit in the corner of the cabin made up of hats, pennies, razors, and anything else i could find to throw at the little fucker.

Kim came home and I thanked the lord, and then threw up over the side of the balcony.

The rest of the night I hid under my blanket, like a little child, with only my nose stuck out to breath.

1 comment:

  1. The mice ate my cookies and pooped on my granola bars. WHY DO THESE ANIMALS WANT TO SHIT ON ALL MY FOOD!?!?

    ReplyDelete