Monday, February 22, 2010

Have an Art Show and sell my art. CHECK!

February 22, 2010 ETD from Burlington 12hrs


The art show was a major success! A little faith can go a LONG WAY!
And I checked the HELL outta number 13 on my list of things to do before I die. BOOYAH!

Insert Bombs Over Baghdad air slap dance here!

Thank you everyone for coming and eating my cheese. Except for that one person.... that I think may have been taking advantage of my cheese. it made me very unHappy.

To be supported by all of these wicked cool people is hard to express in words, but I am willing to try as I am not one to keep my mouth shut! or my typing/texting fingers still..

Short Version: THANKS!!!!!!

And a double solid high five, if its not good enough we will do it over again, thank you to the people who participated in the Silent Auction! Today I bought a new digital camera with the money i raised as to better capture the salivating lion as it runs towards me.

Longer Version:

First, Hi Daddy! Thanks for buying the painting "Baby" and thank you sooooo much for giving it to me. It means the world to me. And it looks great hanging over my bed:) Hope Bev likes Torch.

Mom mummy ma ma ma, not only did you do the most AMAZING job replenishing the refreshments, but you also walked away with the piece you wanted! Hopefully when you look at it you will think of me and remember that 'every passing minute is another chance to Turn it All Around.' The pictures came out good too!

Jilly! Thanks for helping with the paintings and bid sheets. And you bought two paintings!! (Hi Lou! ) Oh and i swear no one knew that Meredith was you.

Bret- Thanks for doing a number on the Smoked Porter keg in the basement. And finding the alarm on my watch.

SeaBass- I hope my paintings are inspiration to you! Thanks so much! And thanks for the ipod thingie.

Dave- I really like that you signed the bid sheets, "Talkin' Dave." Just so there would be absolutely NO confusion!! You walked away with two paintings as well!! Good job! And thanks!

Mark Farina. I love that you bought the Fallen Angel. This means I will still get to see it, as I am over your house quite frequently! You rock.

Vicky. The painting you bought is one of my favorites. At least i know i will see it when we get together on Mondays for BASN:)

Heather and John Anthony. Thank you for coming! Im glad you had fun, and Heather your daughter is adorable!

MHW I am fortunate to have the coolest bestie ever. Enough said.

Annie Thanks for starting the whole climb in the Hoop fever thing... i had a great time in there. until i realized i couldnt get out... and i almost twisted my ankle kickflipping random shiz on the way home... that would have been SWEET right before AFRICA!

Lindsey Jaworek. Thanks for being there to help out ! Sorry i didnt get more of a chance to talk 'bar' with you...VGRTT thats all i got.

Gilbert- Thank you for 1.5 oz of Jager and the very generous donation! Are you really getting the middle finger tattooed on your back right now?? Appropriate only if you ever go to prison.

Thank you to whomever bought the champagne. Mick? Best Toast this year!

Jay Carlson. As usual. Thanks for very little.

And to all my friends who came to drink beer! Love you!!

A special thank you to Greg Noonan for supporting me from above. One day this past summer, he pulled me over to the side and said " You are one of my best employees and I value you and the work you do for me, but honestly you have so much more going for you. And now is the time to do it." I know he'd be so proud of me.

(That was clearly not the fourth of July.)

Thank you everyone for giving this girl a moment she will remember forever.

and this is just the beginning...

3 comments:

  1. TBV, thank YOU my dearie muffin pie!! You, quite literally, channeled Kevin Costner in "Field of Dreams" (yes, I know that this should be italicized, but I don't have the option here). "If you build it, they will come,"--and come they did, and bought it all. You are now hanging in people's houses. If that is not the radest thing, I've ever heard of, well, paint me pink and call me Sally. (PS I am totally reclaiming the word, "rad" in 2010, BTW). Even though, you did get stuck in the Hoop Fever machine, you still did a bang up job, and have certainly inspired me to reconnect with my passions. You've shown me the door, now I'm gonna open it and skip on through--not skip it, although that was a cool toy out on the playground at recess, but Hillary wouldn't share hers and my feelings were hurt--IN ANY EVENT ;-), I digress. You are certainly one inspiring woman, ladybug. I'll hold the fort down while you're gone and make sure to eat plenty of tootsie rolls...maybe we'll finally get to the bottom on that pot--DAMN, I JUST REMEMBERED I GAVE UP CHOCOLATE FOR LENT. Okay, I will just keep a stockpile prepared for your return. Safe travels...make sure to FULLY charge your iPod this time. Loves, smooches etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waitin' on the 1st post from Africa, and some pictures. Still regretting not making either auction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. &,

    I didn't get any of the chocolate-bourbon truffles to you, you were leaving the VPB. Boo. Will have the recipe refined when your back.

    Melissa, Tootsie Rolls don't count as chocolate, really and truly.

    ReplyDelete